MuseumsLovers of art and history are well catered for in Amersfoort.
Het MondriaanhuisSituated in the house of birth of the famous artist Piet Mondriaan, this museum is completely dedicated to his work and includes a reconstruction of his 1920’s Paris studio.
- English descriptions of objects and artefacts.
- English brochures.
- Guided tours in English possible. Please make a reservation for a tour in English at least four days in advance via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: +31 (0)33 – 460 01 70
www.mondriaanhuis.nl (Dutch only website)
Museum FlehiteHoused in buildings dating back to around 1540 the Museum Flehite hosts art exhibitions and artefacts that reflect the history of Amersfoort.
- Dutch descriptions of objects and artefacts.
- English summary of history of Amersfoort available.
- Guided tours in English possible. Please make a reservation for a tour in English at least four days by telephone.
Telephone: +31 (0)33 – 247 11 00
www.museumflehite.nl (Dutch only website)
Kunsthal KAdEOrganises exhibitions of (modern) art, architecture, design and contemporary culture.
Telephone: +31 (0)33 – 422 50 30
www.kunsthalkade.nl (English and Dutch)
Latin American Art Museum of Amersfoort (Lakma)The first Museum in The Netherlands dedicated to Spanish, Mexican, Caribbean, Central and South American contemporary art.
- English and Spanish descriptions of objects and artefacts.
- No brochures
- Guided tours in English and Spanish possible. For a guided tour in English or Spanish for groups consisting of more than ten persons please make a reservation.
Telephone: +31 (0) 33 - 465 86 86
www.lakma.nl (English, Espanol, Francais, Dutch)
Het CavaleriemuseumHouses an exhibition relating to both early and modern cavalry of the Dutch army, spanning more than 425 years.
Bernhardkazerne, Barchman Wuytierslaan 198
Telephone: +31 (0)33 – 466 19 96
www.cavaleriemuseum.nl (Dutch only website)